You are here
The Oregon College of Art and Craft community would like to welcome you to OCAC! Congratulations on being admitted and earning this significant accomplishment. In order to help you stay on track for enrollment and to address some questions you or your family may have, we have developed this page of resources. In addition, there is a downloadable checklist for new undergraduate students to help stay on track.
Can't find it here? Contact admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 971-255-4192.
NEW STUDENT RECEPTION
The President and Dean of Oregon College of Art and Craft invite you and your family to join the OCAC community for a New Student Reception on Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 1:00pm!
Pre-event campus tours will take place at 12:00pm. At the reception, you can meet current faculty and students and enjoy our idyllic campus in bloom. Refreshements will be served.
WHAT DO I DO NEXT?
1) Reserve your spot! Confirm your enrollment for the upcoming term and submit your tuition deposit. This holds your spot, gives you priority registration based on date confirmed, and reserves your institutional scholarships and/or grants.
2) Secure your housing. If you are interested in off-campus housing, you may download the off-campus information handout. If you wish to live on campus, it's important to apply before May 15 as applications received after this deadline are automatically waitlisted. Applications may be submitted online at ocac.edu/residentapplication and require a $150 security deposit. Priority is given to undergraduates who are first time freshmen from out of the area. Housing for January admissions is waitlist only.
3) Sign up for Orientation. Orientation for undergraduates is mandatory for all new students. The fee is $20 to help defray the costs. Orientation information will be sent from Student Services, but you may sign up online at ocac.edu/orientation. Graduate students (MFA) attend orienation on Wednesday, August 24th. MFA students please sign up at ocac.edu/MFAOrientation.
5) Complete the Health and Immunization Records requirement. A document to fill out is sent with your class schedule from the Registrar. A blank form is available here. This is a state law requirement. Questions about this should be directed to the Registrar at email@example.com.
6) Sign up for academic accommodations for disabilities, if needed. Begin the process by registering yourself at ocac.edu/disability_registration. It's important to do this before the start of the semester, and to gather any documentation you have now.
7) Request your final transcript be sent to OCAC. For high school students, it should include your final grades and graduation date. For transfer students, it should include grades from your last term of enrollment. For MFA students, it should be the final official transcript that shows your bachelor's degree completion.
8) Registration is automatic for your first term at OCAC. The registrar will send you your schedule along with OCAC email account information. Questions about registration? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
9) Make tuition payment arrangements. Once registered, you will receive your tuition and fees bill. Students are automatically billed for health insurance but can waive with proof of coverage. OCAC also offers an optional meal plan for its main campus. Several of the forms related to billing can be found at the bottom of this page: ocac.edu/admissions/tuition-financial-aid
Questions about student bills? Email email@example.com.