You are here
How To Apply
Applicants for Oregon College of Art and Crafts’ undergraduate programs (Bachelor of Fine Arts or Three-year Certificate) are required to complete/submit the following items:
- Completed application form and $35 fee: Apply Now Online OR Download Application Form
- One essay on assigned topic or artist statement
- Portfolio of 12-20 pieces of art or photography work
- Official Transcripts
- SAT or ACT scores for those without prior academic college experience*. OCAC's SAT code is 4236. OCAC's ACT code is 3471 *Optional, but strongly recommended for applicants in high school for strongest admissions and scholarship consideration.
For details on application requirements including the portfolio, essay topic, transcript and letter of recommendation, see below.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENT DETAILS
Submission of all official transcripts from any secondary or post secondary institution is required, regardless of if the applicant thinks he or she will be eligible for transfer credits. All candidates must have earned a standard high school diploma or a standard Graduation Equivalency Exam (GED) or its equivalency to be considered for admissions.
Please submit a typed essay from one of the following options:
Option 1) Write about a time when a decision you made changed you. Do you think your decision was made in good or bad judgment? You have the option to upload the essay as an attachment if you apply online.
Option 2) Submit your artist statement. You may write about your art making process and why you are pursuing art at the college level.
Letter of Recommendation
Recommendation letters are not required but encouraged from everyone for strongest admissions and scholarship review.
Portfolio Requirements for Undergraduate Programs: Bachelor of Fine Arts and Certificate
All undergraduates need to provide twelve to twenty pieces of their best and most recent work. Work is preferred to be made within the last two years.
Students electing to concentrate in Drawing/Painting need to provide at least four drawings created from direct observation as part of the 12-20 works. Still life, portrait, figure drawings, landscape and perspective drawings are all recommended. Drawings made from photographs or from imagination do not meet this requirement.
Please call 971-255-4192 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and consult with an Admissions Counselor for help or answers to portfolio assembly questions. We look forward to seeing your work.
Portfolio Submission Options
We know that creating the work for the portfolio is the hard part. We want submitting the portfolio to be the easy part. You have several options, choose one of the following:
- Online submission Upload your portfolio online at www.ocac.slideroom.com. Slideroom charges a $10 fee.
- In person Schedule a visit with an admissions counselor at the College by calling 971-255-4192 or show your portfolio to an OCAC representative at events such as National Portfolio Days or at an on-campus Open House
- Provide the URL with application portfolio pieces clearly labeled or placed in a specific folder titled “OCAC Portfolio”. Be sure to provide the web address on the online application or paper application when prompted
- Mail or email your images to the Admissions Office. Digital images should follow these specifications for best readability: Resolution: 300 dpi, File size: 1.0 MB (approximately 700x700 pixels), File format: JPEG only. You may email your images and inventory sheet to email@example.com or mail a CD of your work. Label the CD with your name and mail with inventory sheet to: Admissions Office, Oregon College of Art and Craft, 8245 SW Barnes Road, Portland, OR 97225.