How To Apply
Applicants for Oregon College of Art and Crafts’ undergraduate programs (Bachelor of Fine Arts, Three-year Certificate and Post-baccalaureate Certificate) are required to complete/submit the following items:
- Completed application form and $35 fee: Apply Now Online OR Download Application Form
- One essay on assigned topic
- Portfolio of 12-20 pieces of art or photography work
- Official Transcripts
- For Post Baccalaureate applicants only, one letter of recommendation is required
- SAT or ACT scores for those without prior academic college experience*. OCAC's SAT code is 4236. OCAC's ACT code is 3471 *Optional, but strongly recommended for applicants in high school for strongest admissions and scholarship consideration.
For details on application requirements including the portfolio, online application tips, essay topic, transcript and letter of recommendation, see below.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENT DETAILS
Submission of all official transcripts from any secondary or post secondary institution is required, regardless of if the applicant thinks he or she will be eligible for transfer credits. All candidates must have earned a standard high school diploma or a standard Graduation Equivalency Exam (GED) or its equivalency to be considered for admissions.
Letter of Recommendation
One recommendation letter is required of Post-baccalaureate Certificate applicants only although encouraged from everyone for strongest scholarship review. If you plan to apply online and do NOT plan or need to submit a letter of recommendation (Post Bacc MUST), please enter "na" in each field when prompted for recommender's first and last name.
Please submit a typed essay in response to the assigned topic. Topic: Talk about a time when a decision you made changed you. Do you think your decision was made in good or bad judgment?
Portfolio Requirements for Undergraduate Programs: Bachelor of Fine Arts, Certificate and Post-Baccalaureate
All undergraduates need to provide twelve to twenty pieces of their best and most recent work. Work is preferred to be made within the last two years.
Students electing to concentration in Drawing/Painting need to provide at least four drawings created from direct observation as part of the 12-20 works. Still life, portrait, figure drawings, landscape and perspective drawings are all recommended. Drawings made from photographs or from imagination do not meet this requirement.
One-year Post-baccalaureate applicant portfolios are expected to show the ability to enter their chosen concentration above entry level. Post-bacc students should be proficient with techniques taught in the 100 level studio courses of their chosen area of concentration and their portfolios should demonstrate this. Post-bacc applicant portfolios are not required to include observational drawings.
Please call 971-255-4192 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and consult with an Admissions Counselor for help or answers to portfolio assembly questions. We look forward to seeing your work.
Portfolio Submission Options
We know that creating the work for the portfolio is the hard part. We want submitting the portfolio to be the easy part. You have several options, choose one of the following:
- Online application Upload your portfolio as part of the online application process at www.ocac.edu/apply. Digital images should follow these specifications for best readability: Resolution: 300 dpi, File size: 1.0 MB (approximately 700x700 pixels), File format: JPEG only.
- In person Schedule a visit with an admissions counselor at the College by calling 971-255-4192 or show your portfolio to an OCAC representative at events such as National Portfolio Days or on-campus open houses
- Provide the URL with application portfolio pieces clearly labeled or placed in a specific folder titled “OCAC Portfolio”. Be sure to provide the web address on the online application or paper application when prompted
- Mail or email your images to the Admissions Office. Digital images should follow these specifications for best readability: Resolution: 300 dpi, File size: 1.0 MB (approximately 700x700 pixels), File format: JPEG only. You may email your images and inventory sheet to email@example.com or mail a CD of your work. Label the CD with your name and mail with inventory sheet to: Admissions Office, Oregon College of Art and Craft, 8245 SW Barnes Road, Portland, OR 97225
Online Application Tips
- You may save your application at any time and come back to it
- If you are not required to submit a letter of recommendation (Post Bacc applicants MUST submit a letter of recommendation) and you do not plan to submit one, when prompted for recommender first and last name, enter na in each field.
- If you plan to upload your portfolio as part of the process, have at least 12 images ready to load up in jpg or pdf format. Be prepared to enter information about each image, i.e. date, size, medium, title.
- You may have your application fee waived if you apply on line. Enter the waiver code of appfee. Note its all lowercase and no spaces.