You are here
The Post-Baccalaureate Certificate (PBC) is a one-year graduate and professional preparation program designed for students with an undergraduate degree and prior studio art experience. The PBC provides a focused experience to dive deeply into an area of studio investigation within twelve majors. Twelve majors includes Book and Print, Ceramics, Cross Media, Digital Strategies, Drawing and Painting, Fibers, Functional Objects, Image and Narrative, Metals, Photography, Sculptural Practice, and Wood. Students access to the wealth of facilities and resources at OCAC and dedicated faculty mentors along with a rich mix of classes. The PBC program can be pursued part-time as long as the 30 credits are completed within one and a half years.
Why do students pursue the PBC?
- To prepare a strong graduate school application
- To explore new techniques and mediums or expand your expertise
- To create new work, enhancing your portfolio for professional opportunities
How to apply
Simply visit Admissions to learn more about graduate enrollment periods and apply online.
Questions? Please contact us at 971.255.4192 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the requirements for admission?
- Completion of the application process including visual portfolio submission. A Required personal interview is an important part of this process
- Prior knowledge of studio practice in a major; for instance, familiarity of Ceramics is required to be able to work in that facility
- Completion of coursework and an understanding of the materials in a chosen major or equivalent
Where do students go after completing the Post Baccalaureate Program?
- A number of successful Post Baccalaureate students continue their MFA degress at OCAC through our fast track admissions process
- Recent graduates of the program have been accepted to strong MFA programs around the country to pursue graduate work
- Other graduates found opportunities in creative industries and entrepreneurial businesses
COURSE REQUIREMENTS FOR POST-BACCALAUREATE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
|Three Major or Elective Courses of 3 credits||9||9|
|Total Credits Required||15||15|
Learn more about our majors:
Bachelor of Fine Arts
Master of Fine Arts in Craft
Master of Fine Arts in Industrial Design
Master of Fine Arts in Craft & Material Studies
Master of Fine Arts in Applied Craft + Design
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Craft (requires a bachelor's degree)
The Certificate in Craft